elk tee from Barley and Birch
pants by esp no 1
campshirt by busy bees
fishing rod at the kids fishing shop
....and when you get hungry you can whip up some Damper: a delicious and quick campfire bread
- 6 cups of self raising flour
- 1 tsp of baking powder
- pinch of salt
- a little warm milk (or water)
- Mix the flour, salt and sugar together into a bowl.
- Cut in the butter until fine crumbs form.
- Add milk slowly and mix to form a soft dough.
- Knead lightly on a floured board until smooth.
- Shape into a round loaf, brush with milk and cut a cross in the top surface of the dough.
. . . For campfire cooking place the loaf in your campfire, cover with hot ashes and coals and bake for about 20 to 30 minutes. You can use a dutch oven to bake the bread but it cooks perfectly buried directly in the ashes. Break off the hard black crust and slather the inside with butter and home made jam.